"Room" is an extraordinary movie. The film stars Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay and explores the small world this mother and son duo experience in a shed they are locked inside. The traumatic adventure follows their struggle of survival, their escape and their assimilation into 'normal' life. In Joe Morgenstern's review written for the Wall Street Journal, he summarizes this drama as, "poetic and profound in its exploration of the senses". The sheer power that lies within the human mind is exploited in such circumstances, and Morgenstern captured this process with his review. By describing the transformation of, "ghastly reality into an exquisitely intimate study of a mother's devotion and a child's efforts to understand", he perfectly captures the essence of "Room".
Furthermore, the performances of the two actors are incredible. Their craft evolved completly throughout and challenged the permanence of suffering. I truly enjoyed watching, and Morgenstern comprehended this well. When he refers to Larson's character as "a creature of Room", he concludes his review so strongly that it completely resonated with my take of the film. I just wish I could have written that myself.
Reviewing the Fine Arts
A More Academic Approach
- Question for critic: Do you ever write a positive ...
- Wesley Morris Reviews 'Fast 7'
- English: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the Canne...
- The Witch - LA Times
- Post-a-Review: "Review: 'The Danish Girl,' About a...
- 'Room' Review--The Guardian
- 'Joy' Review
- A Pulitzer Prize Winning Movie Critic
- Rolling Stone Review - Whiplash
- Film Review I Like!
- Let's Be Single
- Review of 'Room' By Joe Morgenstern for the Wall S...
- TV Develops Emotional Intelligence?
- Good Ol' Mick Vindicated My Movie Taste
- Review of Anomalisa -- "Talk about uncomfortable. ...
- What I Think about When I Think about Film vs. TV....
- A Two-Paragraph Film Review with Comments
- My Sitcom Bullet Points
- Article on Kraft Dinners - how taste testing homog...
- Quick and Dirty: A Videolicious Audio Slideshow of...
- Videolicious Tips
- Making a Good Audio Slideshow
- Coen Koan?
- Instagram Husband
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_8NRiN1xfU A clip...
- Monty Python and Varieties of Comedy
- Ron Swanson eating a banana
- This video makes me laugh hysterically at the expe...
- Youtube Video on Writing Comedy
- Funny Clip - Lamas in Hats
- Funny Baby Vine Compilation
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo Some ...
- Role of the Sitcom? Popular Culture and the Accept...
- Raccoon Steals Cat Food
- Blue Mountain State Clip
- Getting Ready for TV and Movie Criticism: This is ...
- KoJa Kitchen
- TV Ratings Explained
- The Emotional Shorthand of a Successful Ad
- Surreal and Without context
- Porno Burrito! I am Suddenly Disconcerted That I'v...
- I Could Really Go For Some Enchiladas
- An Engaging Review
- ▼ February (43)