Sunday, February 21, 2016
Review of Anomalisa -- "Talk about uncomfortable. This stop-motion animated film — a sad-sack's long night's journey into momentary light — is unquestionably weird, but in the best, most surprising left-field way. It's Charlie Kaufman's depressive, mordant, groping view of humanity, shot through with surprise on every level: the voice acting, the curious turns of plot, the sadness, the explicit . As a distinctive modernist's venture into stop-motion, it deserves a place alongside Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox." -- Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter
Posted by Unknown at 11:47 PM
Reviewing the Fine Arts
A More Academic Approach
- Question for critic: Do you ever write a positive ...
- Wesley Morris Reviews 'Fast 7'
- The Witch - LA Times
- Post-a-Review: "Review: 'The Danish Girl,' About a...
- 'Room' Review--The Guardian
- 'Joy' Review
- A Pulitzer Prize Winning Movie Critic
- Rolling Stone Review - Whiplash
- Film Review I Like!
- Let's Be Single
- Review of 'Room' By Joe Morgenstern for the Wall S...
- TV Develops Emotional Intelligence?
- Good Ol' Mick Vindicated My Movie Taste
- Review of Anomalisa -- "Talk about uncomfortable. ...
- What I Think about When I Think about Film vs. TV....
- A Two-Paragraph Film Review with Comments
- Article on Kraft Dinners - how taste testing homog...
- Quick and Dirty: A Videolicious Audio Slideshow of...
- Videolicious Tips
- Making a Good Audio Slideshow
- Coen Koan?
- Instagram Husband
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_8NRiN1xfU A clip...
- Monty Python and Varieties of Comedy
- Ron Swanson eating a banana
- This video makes me laugh hysterically at the expe...
- Youtube Video on Writing Comedy
- Funny Clip - Lamas in Hats
- Funny Baby Vine Compilation
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo Some ...
- Role of the Sitcom? Popular Culture and the Accept...
- Raccoon Steals Cat Food
- Blue Mountain State Clip
- Getting Ready for TV and Movie Criticism: This is ...
- KoJa Kitchen
- TV Ratings Explained
- The Emotional Shorthand of a Successful Ad
- Surreal and Without context
- I Could Really Go For Some Enchiladas
- An Engaging Review
- ▼ February (40)