Tuesday, September 30, 2014
J. Michael Robertson directs the journalism program in the Department of Media Studies at the University of San Francisco. He was an editor/staff writer at the San Francisco Chronicle, 1980-1991, and Atlanta Magazine, 1976-1980. He received a Ph.D. in English Literature from Duke University in 1972.
Reviewing the Fine Arts
A More Academic Approach
- [View the story "Following a Critic on Twitter" on...
- Songs of the Class
- How I Learned the Instruments of the Orchestra
- Things I’ll be Thinking about Sunday Afternoon
- Some Reviews of Dance Plus Multimedia
- Time to Walk into the Deep Water
- San Francisco Neighborhood Newspapers: Creating He...
- Ian Port's Guidelines for Freelance Reviewers
- How to Write a Joke
- Just in case you can't afford the $1.99 an episode...
- Sullivan Laughs Again from 'Sullivan's Travels'
- What Effects Does TV Have on Kids?
- Damsels in Distress - Tropes vs. Women - Smart Stu...
- War Between Gamers and Some of Their Reviewers Tur...
- Some Guidelines for Writing Your Review of Gravit...
- Some Sample David Wiegand Reviews
- The Anthropological View of the Sitcom
- Why Do We Laugh?
- Some Beaver Background
- ▼ September (19)