Thursday, September 4, 2014
The Anthropological View of the Sitcom
J. Michael Robertson directs the journalism program in the Department of Media Studies at the University of San Francisco. He was an editor/staff writer at the San Francisco Chronicle, 1980-1991, and Atlanta Magazine, 1976-1980. He received a Ph.D. in English Literature from Duke University in 1972.
Reviewing the Fine Arts
A More Academic Approach
- [View the story "Following a Critic on Twitter" on...
- Songs of the Class
- How I Learned the Instruments of the Orchestra
- Things I’ll be Thinking about Sunday Afternoon
- Some Reviews of Dance Plus Multimedia
- Time to Walk into the Deep Water
- San Francisco Neighborhood Newspapers: Creating He...
- Ian Port's Guidelines for Freelance Reviewers
- How to Write a Joke
- Just in case you can't afford the $1.99 an episode...
- Sullivan Laughs Again from 'Sullivan's Travels'
- What Effects Does TV Have on Kids?
- Damsels in Distress - Tropes vs. Women - Smart Stu...
- War Between Gamers and Some of Their Reviewers Tur...
- Some Guidelines for Writing Your Review of Gravit...
- Some Sample David Wiegand Reviews
- The Anthropological View of the Sitcom
- Why Do We Laugh?
- Some Beaver Background
- ▼ September (19)